Monday, February 15, 2010

A Little Bird Whispered In My Ear

As I was out and about running errands I came to the sudden realization that I was hungry. I wasn't surprised as I now eat 5 times a day every 3 hours. It had been 3.5 hours since I ate, so I was looking to refuel! I stopped inside K-Mart hoping that they would have a nice healthy treat.
I was wrong!

They had chips, pork rinds, sausage sticks, cheese in a can and cheese on a stick and the candy...oh my did they have candy. Well this would never do! Just looking at some of the stuff was making my stomach turn...I mean Burger King Onion Rings??? Ketchup flavored chips??? YUCK!!! But I must admit, I held that Dark Chocolate Bar in my hands carrying it around wondering how I could justify it! Well I couldn't, so back on the shelf it went with all of it's chocolaty friends!

I then went to the cereal aisle and went looking for gluten free products...Well I found them...And Ohhhh I wanted them! But after reading the labels, I realized it wouldn't do not at all...Not because I knew it was the right thing- it was because of a little bird who is always whispering in my ear! So I put down the Chocolate Chex knowing that it is not on my list of approved foods and grumbled a little bit, then went home and ate an ORANGE!!! That orange was WONDERFUL!!!! I couldn't have been happier with my decision to walk away from the processed food and go back to good side where there is healthy and tastier foods :)

Thank you Dr. M for being that little bird on my shoulder!

No comments:

Post a Comment